It’s that time of year again! That time when the dreams we had as little girls finally come true and we get to walk down that aisle, towards our Prince Charming and off into our Happily ever after. Or something like that.
Here is what you need to know before you make that walk so that when he sneaks that first glance at you, he’s completely blown away by how beautiful you look and he can still recognize you through all that makeup & hair.
1. Choose your Makeup Artist wisely. Anyone can watch Photoshop tutorials and figure out how to airbrush a picture for their ad in the latest bridal magazine, but few have the actual skills to make you look like that sans computer software. Instead, ask around before hand to get some good recommendations on makeup artists first, and make sure you book a trial!! Another thing you’ll want to ask is if you will be their only client that day or if they double book. The last thing you want is to be rushed through your perfect day. The same rules apply when picking your hair stylist.
2. Research before your trial. Scour all the latest bridal magazines and bring tears with you, or save/print images of makeup looks you would love to rock on your big day. This takes a lot of the guess work out and gives the makeup artist an idea of just how much makeup you are comfortable with wearing.
3. With that said, always go with the more classic choice with your wedding makeup. Always. The reason I say this is because although color blocking may be a hot look this summer, it might not be in 5 years. If you go trendy you run the risk of dating your pictures, plus classic allows people to see you first, not your makeup.
4. If you are planning on wearing false lashes or lash extensions, do a trial run before hand so that you get used to the feeling of the weight on your eyes. There is nothing worse that trying something new on your wedding day and feeling uncomfortable on what is meant to be one of the happiest days of your life!
5. On your big day, be sure to carry a powder and lipstick with you. Try to predetermine with your makeup artist what lip color you will be wearing and purchase your own tube before hand. That way your look will be consistent all day. Appoint your maid of honor to carry these items with her and make washroom trips together to do touch ups.
Remember, your girlfriends are your best friends on your wedding day! I remember when my cousin Monique got married a few years ago, whenever we would take a washroom break with her it was like being at the Indy 500. She stood still while we whirled around her, adjusting this, that and the next thing and then sending her back onto the dancefloor. Lol. I love weddings!!
If you are still looking for a makeup artist for your special day, I am still taking bookings this summer. Contact me at email@example.com