The first most often overlooked place to start when it comes to recreating any fab hairstyle is your tools. Just like makeup brushes, investing in the right hair tools will help you come close to achieving almost any look. I’ve compiled a list of the top 5 hair tools every girl needs:
1. Flat iron. This is probably the most obvious one but to really get the results you want you have to invest in quality. A high quality flat iron will take less time to straighten your hair, resulting in less heat exposure to your delicate strands. Brands like Chi & GHD make great irons.
2. Hair dryer. When it comes to a hair dryer, finding one that cuts your drying time in half is like finding the holy grail. Celebrity hair stylist, Harry Josh recommends the FHI Nano Salon Pro 2000 Blow Dryer. Plus using the nozzle attachment will help direct air flow, resulting in less time spent drying your hair!
3. A 3/4″ curling iron. The smaller barrel will allow you to do things like wrap hair around the barrel without using the clip, giving a tight yet loose wave. Check out my Bohemian Waves Hair Tutorial on how to get this look.
4. A 1 1/2″ curling iron. This will give you those giant waves you see on celebs like Kim Kardashian. Hot Tools makes some of the greatest curling irons on the market.
5. Velco Rollers. If you love watching shows like Top Model, you will know that any time they’re getting ready for a shoot, their hair is up in rollers. Velco rollers will give your hair the bend and the volume to achieve most hair styles. Hair spray hair right after you blowdry, set in rollers and remove after 1/2 hour. That will give your hair enough time to set while you do other things like your makeup.
What are your fav hair tools?