Ever notice that no matter how perfectly you’ve applied your makeup in the morning, that by mid afternoon it has either disappeared off your face or isn’t in the same spot you applied it? There would be so many times where I would have to put my makeup on at 8am, go work a full shift, meet up with friends for dinner and then head out for drinks after, without getting a chance to retouch my makeup. I have tried all the tricks and finally gotten it down to the 5 key things you need to make your makeup last.
1. Start with a primer. Primer goes on after you moisturize and before your foundation. I love Smashbox Photo finish primer. This will anchor the foundation to your skin and prevent your pores from sucking it all up throughout the day.
2. Eye primer. Face primer won’t work for the eyes so you need a specific eye primer. I personally love MAC‘s paint and paintpot. Paints are great if you have oilier eyelids, Paintpots are better for drier skin.
3. Set your makeup with a powder. This is the key to preventing your makeup from sliding into any fine lines or wrinkles. Try Laura Mercier‘s translucent powder.
4. Set your makeup with a setting spray. It basically works like hairspray, locking your look into place. Check out Urban Decay‘s All nighter long-lasting makeup setting spray. You will be amazed.
5. Finally, carry some blotting papers with you. You will get occasional shine throughout the day, so using blotting paper to soak up the excess oil whenever it creeps up will prevent the breakdown of your makeup.
What are your fav long lasting makeup products?