MICROBLADING is a tattooing technique used to create fuller, more defined eyebrows by tattooing pigment into the skin. You can achieve a variety of looks with this technique, such as mimicking the look of actual hair strokes to add a natural fullness, adding density by shading in the brows as you would with makeup, and anything in-between.
The tools used can either be a blade (as in Microblading) or a Nano needle which is a very thin needle used to deposit pigment. I prefer to use a nano needle as it causes less trauma to the skin than a blade, takes less time for clients to heal, works on almost all skin types and you can achieve a much more natural look with a needle vs a blade.
Pic courtesy of https://www.luxurybeautyclinic.com
People who can not get this procedure done:
- Anyone who has eczema, psoriasis, shingles or rosacea (on or near brows)
- Allergic to makeup
- On antibiotics
- On blood thinning medication ( ie. fish oils, prescribed blood thinners, ibuprofen etc.)
- Pregnant or nursing
- Under 18
- Currently undergoing chemotherapy or have in the past 12 months
- Have used retinol, vitamin a serums or any skin bleaching creams within the past 2 months
- Currently on accutane (must be off for a full year before service)
- Have been diagnosed with HIV/Hepatitis, skin cancer
- Have a birthmark or mole on the brow
- Prone to keloids
- Has breakouts, open wound or scabs on or near brows
- Healing disorders or uncontrolled high blood pressure
How long does the procedure take?
Microblading takes approximately 2 hours. Your follow up session will take approximately 60 minutes.
How long do the results last?
This varies from person to person, everyone’s results last a different amount of time. A follow up session is recommended on average from 1-3 years after your initial procedure.
How do touch ups work?
After your first visit you might need a refreshing touch up. This service is offered any where from 6 to 10 weeks after your first visit. This is an extra fee and only available to clients who had their initial session with me.
- Your first touch-up must be done between 6-10 weeks post procedure. Any longer than that and you will be charged the annual follow up session fee
- Annual follow up sessions are recommended every 1-2 years to maintain shape, color and detail
- After 2 years, a new service will be required at full price.
- Pricing is subject to change at any time.
- Please kindly advise that no pets or children are allowed during the day of your service due to safety and sterile purposes.
Does the procedure hurt?
I use a topical anesthetic that is applied during the procedure to numb the skin and make you feel more comfortable.
How long is the recovery time?
Your brows will appear darker the first few days, after that time your brows will start to flake & heal. Everyone heals at a different rate but it can take about 7-10 days.
How do you choose the shape?
We discuss the look you would like during the pre drawing and customize the look to suit your face shape. I will make measurements to make your brows as symmetrical as much as possible.
How do you choose a color?
We choose a color together by applying small amounts of different colored pigments to the skin close to your brows and selecting the best match for your skin tone and natural brow color. If you tint your brows regularly you MUST tint them 3-5 days prior to your appointment. Also remember while choosing your color it will fade up to 50% after your first visit.
Can I get tattoo over scars?
Yes, provided that:
- Scars should be at least one year old and stable in appearance
- Texture should be unraised, smooth, and relatively flat
Please note: I do not tattoo over keloid scars. I do recommend sending me a photo so I can have a look before you book an appointment.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your appointment at the time of scheduling. The deposit will be credited toward the procedure fees on the day of your appointment.
- Balance is due the day of your procedure. I accept Cash or Venmo, as forms of payment. Please be prepared to pay the remaining balance with either of these methods during your appointment.
- It is required to have your follow-up up appointment within 6-10 weeks after your original procedure. If you fail to come in for your touch up by the 10 week mark you will be charged the annual follow up session rate when you do come in for your touch up.
- A 72 hour cancellation notice is required to cancel an appointment. If you fail to cancel your appointment within the 72 hours, you will forfeit your deposit. NO exceptions. An additional deposit will be required to make a new appointment. If 2 appointments are missed or canceled you will be required to pay the full amount before booking your service.
- If you are a no call or no show you will be charged 50% of your appointment fee for your missed appointment. We will send you an invoice which will be required to pay after 72 hours of sending.
- To avoid unfair delays to clients, if you are more than 15 minutes late to your appointment it will be necessary to reschedule. Regardless of unforeseen circumstances that may arise which could force you to postpone/reschedule your procedure. Please understand that such changes affect not only the artist, but other clients as well.
- Due to the nature of some artist work, appointments are always subject to change. When and if your appointment falls under a time-frame in which we may have to reschedule on our end, we will notify you 30 days prior so we can ensure you’re rescheduled in a timely manner.
- If you show up to appointment and have previous cosmetic tattoos that the artist wasn’t aware of he or she may deny you as a client and charge you a set up fee of $75.
- We have the right to refuse service to anyone!
What should I do before my appointment?
- It is not necessary to wax or thread your eyebrows prior to your appointment, but if you would like you can have it done no less than 3 days prior to the date of your appointment. If you tint your brows, make sure they are tinted to the color you like 3-5 days before your appointment.
- Avoid tanning 2 weeks prior to your appointment. Also, do not come into your appointment with a sunburn or breakouts around your brow area. If this is the case please contact me at least 72 hours prior to your appointment so we can reschedule.
- Botox may be done no later than 2 weeks before your appointment
- Do not have any microdermabrasion, laser treatments or chemical peels at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- If you are on blood thinners, please obtain permission from your doctor to get this procedure done. You must be off of blood thinners at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Any antibiotic use must be discontinued 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please avoid the following during the 48 hour period before your appointment: Caffeine, alcohol, ibuprofen, fish oils or any medication that could potentially thin out your blood.
Immediately following your appointment
If you cannot fulfill the proper after care treatments we recommend that you please reschedule or post pone at least 72 hours before your appointment. The healing period is a very serious part of your process, we want to insure that your brows heal perfectly.
- No water on brows for 4 hours
- No excessive sweating for 24 hours
- Swelling/redness usually subsides after a couple hours
- Advil or Tylenol can be taken if needed
- Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol for the first 48 hours
- For 2 days avoid eating shellfish or any food that can potentially lead to an allergic reaction
How to care for your new brows (for 7 days or until scabs are completely gone):
- Very quick shower (excessive heat and moisture is not good for the healing process) taking care not to let shower directly hit brows. Shampoo/conditioner should not come in contact with brows
- Quick face washing is good for healing. Use room temp water and very mild/gentle cleanser without rubbing brows. Gently pat dry
- Keep brow area dry (avoid soaking in water for long; ex. Swimming/sauna etc.)
- For normal to dry skin: After 24 hours apply ointment (make sure it’s a very thin very so brows can breathe) 2 times a day
- For oily skin: Dry heal. Apply nothing on brows
- No makeup, lotion or facial products/cleansers on or near brows
- You will not be able to work out, sweat, tan , swim or go into the sauna, get facials, use exfoliants around your brows for the 2 week period following your appointment otherwise it will affect how your brows heal.
What to expect during the healing process (days are slightly different for everyone):
- Immediately after- Shape may appear uneven due to swelling
- Days 1-3 Eyebrows will appear darker and thicker
- Days 4-7 Eyebrows will be dry and itchy. DO NOT scratch, rub, or pick at it. They will start to scab/crack/flake off. Allow it to flake off by itself. If it is removed before it is ready the pigment underneath it can be pulled out. They will look patchy and uneven during the healing process. It is absolutely normal. Please do not panic
- Days 7-10 Scabs should be all gone (some may take up to 14 days) At this time brows may appear really light or even may look as if there’s no color. This is also very normal. The remaining color has absorbed under the skin. As your skin heals and skins cells repairs it will resurface. This can take up to 6 weeks depending on skin age and type
- Weeks 3-6 Eyebrows will appear true to color. They might skin look patchy or uneven. In some rare cases pigment doesn’t retain well. It can be due to aftercare, skin type, scar tissue, lifestyle activities etc.
- Weeks 6-10 Time for your touch up! Small adjustments can be made at this visit
The full healing process takes approximately 6-8 weeks at which time the true color will be evident. During the healing process the tattoo will lighten and may appear too light, however you must wait at least 6 weeks to see the true results. It will darken again after the lighter phase and at that point the touch up can be done.
Most clients will need 2 sessions, few will only need 1. Some will need a 3rd session to complete the look.
- Retin A, facial peels, exfoliators and glycolic acid must be kept away from the brow area as this could lighten and change the color of the pigment.
- You must inform your laser technician if you chose to hav any laser hair removal or resurfacing done in that area as the laser could affect the pigment.
- Once the brows are healed you may use sunscreen to prevent the pigment from fading
- Always rinse and dry the area immediately after coming into contact with chlorine
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.