So we’re pretty much right in the thick of it, that dreaded season we all hate..WINTER!! Here are 5 steps to helping your skin combat the dryness that comes with this lovely season..
1. Exfoliate! Invest in a good mechanical exfoliant to slough off those nasty dead skin cells. In winter you need to step it up a bit and exfoliate twice a week depending on your skin type.
2. Mix a moisturizer into your foundation. We can take all the extra moisture we can get at this time of year, so sneaking some into your makeup routine doesn’t hurt!
3. Invest in a moisturizer that contains Hyaluronic Acid. Not only does it pull moisture from the air and direct it into your skn, but it also scores a zero on the Cosmetic hazardous ingredient database 🙂
4. Use a liquid illuminator. You can either place it on the key highlight areas (top of cheekbones, nose, cupid’s bow) or mix it into your foundation for dewy skin.
5. Finally, fake that winter glow with a good quality cream blush. I love all the Makeup Forever HD blushes, they go on beautifully and stay on really well.