As we all know, the new year always brings new resolutions. Resolutions to lose weight, quit smoking, save money, etc. but let’s not forget our makeup routine! Here are my top 5 resolution recommendations when it comes to your makeup:
1. Don’t go to bed without washing off your makeup. This is the most important as makeup left on can clog pores and cause premature aging.
2. Moisturize! And I don’t just mean your face, your neck is one of the first places to show aging as most people forget to take care of this area.
3. Invest in an eye cream. The skin around the eyes is more delicate than the face and should be treated with a moisturizer specific to this area.
4. Get your foundation rematched every 6 months. Your skin doesn’t stay the same shade from summer to winter, so why would your foundation? Getting your color rematched ensures a natural looking finish to your makeup.
5. Find your favorite mascara. There are so many options out there, from lengthening to thickening to volumizing that it can all seem overwhelming. Figure out what you want your lashes to look like, try mascaras that promise to deliver those results and find the one that works best for you.
What are some of your resolutions?