The subject of false lashes can be a touchy one, as most women really want to wear them, but have a tough time applying them. Here is a step-by-step guide on applying false lashes. Hopefully this will help and you won’t have half a lash hanging off your eye by the end of the night:
1. Make sure the lashes aren’t too wide for your eyes. Take them out of the package and rest them on your own lashes. If they look too wide, trim off the excess, always cut from the outer (longer) corner.
2. Apply your eye shadow and a couple of coats of mascara. This will give your false lashes a good base to sit on.
3. Apply a thin strip of glue to the rim of the false lashes. Allow to air dry for 30 sec, if you think you need more glue, add a bit then. Allowing the time to dry lets the glue get tackier and therefore much easier to apply. The glue I love to use is DUO from MAC . It’s actually a surgical adhesive, so you know it will do the trick.
4. Now line up the false lashes to your eyes. Center them so that they aren’t too close to the inner corner of your eye, or too far out. Push the middle down first (most people find it useful to use something like a q-tip to push it down) then the outer and inner corners. To know if you have applied them on the right part of your eye, just imagine that you have put a really thin coat of eyeliner on, and aim for that spot.
5. If you want you can add another coat of mascara, however if you want to reuse the lashes I advise against it as you will have to clean them and that can relax the curl of the lashes.
6. You are set to go! To remove, hold down the corner of your eye and simply peel off. Be sure to do this before you wash your face. If you feel it pulling, you know you have gotten some glue on your natural lash. Simply soak a q-tip in water and hold it to that spot for 30 sec. This will melt the glue and the lash should come off easily.
7. Before reapplying, simply peel the glue off from the previous use and repeat the steps above. Most lashes will hold their shape for up to 5 uses.
Good luck and have fun!!!