I know when I first started makeup my biggest challenge was blush. Where do you place it, how much do you put on, which color do you choose? Here is a technique that may help you with your blush struggles:
1. Start with your contour. Take some bronzer and apply it just under the cheekbones, sweeping it horizontally starting in front of the ear, and stopping about mid eye. You will notice that your cheekbones slope downwards, follow this angle.
2. Choose a blush color that goes with your lip color.
3. Load your brush with the color, but before you take it to your cheeks, rub a little off onto a tissue.
4. Smile. This will allow you to see the apples of your cheek, and this is where the color goes.
5. Sweep a little remaining color across cheekbones. There shouldn’t be a gap between the bronzer and blush.
This is the technique that I use, everyone has their own way of doing things, but for me this works best.